Our firm represents individuals, entrepreneurs, professionals, investors, athletes, religious workers and other foreign nationals in all immigration matters. We handle all visa categories. Our goal is to successfully assist clients in navigating the complex immigration laws to obtain temporary visas or permanent residence in the United States. We analyze each case in order to assess which non-immigrant visa or immigrant petition type is most appropriate.
Our firm assists foreign nationals, as well as companies, and their employees in securing non-immigrant visas in the United States. Non-immigrant visas are temporary visas. They allow foreign nationals to reside and work in the United States. Eligibility criteria vary on the visa type. We also provide assistance with the consular interview process once the foreign national has secured an Approval Notice from USCIS.
Most common visa categories include:
- B-1 business visa/After Sales Contract employee
- B-1/B-2 Visitor visas
- B-1 Domestic workers
- F-1 Student visas
- B-1 in Lieu of H-1B visas
- H-1B Specialty Occupation visa
- H-3 Trainee visa
- J-1 Exchange Visitors
- L-1A Intra-company Transferees for executives and managers
- L-1B specialized knowledge employees
- O-1 Individuals of extraordinary ability
- TN visas for Canadian and Mexican professionals
- P-1 Professional Athletes
- R-1 Religious Workers
Individual Investors and Traders
E-1 and E-2 visas can be granted to eligible foreign nationals of countries with which the United States has a treaty of commerce and navigation, or other bilateral investment agreements. The E-1 or E-2 visas allow foreign nationals to start enterprises in the U.S. or invest in franchise businesses.
- E-2 Investors, managers or essential employees
- E-1 Treaty traders, managers or essential employees
Mathew Law Firm PLLC is able to assist spouses, children under 21 and parents of U.S. citizens in obtaining immigrant visas or permanent residency in the U.S. through a family-based petition. We also represent fiancé(e)s applying for fiancé visas through the U.S. Consular Offices abroad. In the case of permanent residency for foreign nationals who are married to a U.S. citizen, our firm also provides assistance with the process of removal of conditional residence.
- Fiancé(e) visas
- Applications for adjustment of status filed for spouses, children and parents of U.S. citizens
- Immigrant visas
- I-601A Provisional Waivers
- Removal of conditional residence
Naturalization and Citizenship
Permanent residents seeking U.S. citizenship can avail themselves of our legal advice in filing their application for naturalization and later obtaining a U.S. passport. We also handle derivative citizenship cases.
- Naturalization applications
- Derivative citizenship
- Automatic citizenship
Employment-based permanent residency
We represent individual petitioners as well as employers in obtaining permanent residency for their employees through the various employment-based categories. We work with professionals eligible for National Interest Waivers or self-petition candidates in the extraordinary ability category.
- National Interest Waivers
- EB-1 petitions for Individuals of Extraordinary Ability
- EB-1 petitions for Multinational Executives and Managers
- EB-1 petitions for Outstanding Professors and Researchers
- I-360 petitions for Religious Workers